Monday, October 27, 2008

Digging Through Dirty Diapers

T's going through a phase right now where he finds hiding places for his things. I open up his PJ drawer, and a bunch of blocks are inside. I take a cookbook off the shelf and there are puzzle pieces behind it. I do laundry, and Fisher Price animals are swimming in the clothes hampers. My daily routine now includes fishing toys out from behind the fridge and under the couches. And as with Oo's phase, I'm sure there are game pieces that -- try as hard as I might -- I will never ever find.

I remember when Oo went through this phase. Seriously, this has to be my LEAST favorite phase during the toddler years.

Now I know that it sounds silly to dislike this phase so intensely. But keep in mind that several times a day I must also dig through the kitchen garbage can and the diaper "pail." Blech! Doing this grosses me out to the point that I have begun to tape the lids shut on the garbage can and diaper pail. It's a little annoying to tape, un-tape and re-tape them all day long, but, believe me, it sure beats the alternative!

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember my two doing this. Just Jeff. I never know what I will find under the couch or a cushion. But the girls wanted everything in bags. So I had numerous bags of all kinds filled with who knows what all over the house. And not just their stuff. they were okay with bagging anything left laying around. But I feel for you digging in the garbage. YUCK!

    ReplyDelete