Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"Say cheese, little butt"

Last Christmas we gave Oo a super durable kids digital camera (to keep her from begging to use mine). So, she's had the camera for almost a year now and has completed several photographic studies. The first was a series I call "Toys on the Floor," then there was "T's Eyeballs and Nose," and most recently a series A refers to as "Still Life With Stuffed Animals." It's fun to watch her take pictures, to see what images she wants to capture "on film."

However... while downloading the latest batch of pictures from her camera, I see that she has a new favorite subject to photograph -- rear ends. Yep. On her camera I found numerous pics of T's big-diaper butt, A's backside and my fanny -- all clothed, of course! Delightful, I assure you.

My mind raced back to an instance a couple weeks ago. The kids and I were parading upstairs for some reason or another, when Oo got close to T's backside with her camera, and said, "Say cheese, little butt." Click, flash! I got a pretty good chuckle out of it.

Now if only she'd given me the same warning...

Below is the "Little Butt" picture. I've also included some of her other photos. Not all of those below are from the aforementioned photo studies, and none of them feature my tush! But these are some of my favorites, as well as a great view of her world, from her eyes. Enjoy!








3 comments:

  1. This is hilarious!
    Ahnka just said the other day that she misses OO. "She says funny things and wants to do funny crazy things like me." :)
    Phebers still takes pictures like this. I love seeing what is important enough in her life that she decides to record it. Sometimes it can be profound, and others downright funny--much like little butt. Loved the gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has an excellent eye for composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel and Lauren love taking pictures. I think maybe they need their own cameras for Christmas. Our computer will do a slide show of pictures as a screen saver. Ken and I crack up when we see pictures they've taken. Stuffed animals posed on the couch, FP animals arranged in rows, and then, of course, the self portraits are a riot!

    ReplyDelete