Saturday, May 15, 2010

Haircut

Oo decided a couple months ago that she wanted short hair for warm weather and long hair for cold weather. I had to explain on many occasions that if she cuts her hair in the spring, it probably won't be long again once fall rolled around. I'm not sure she believes me. Who knows? Maybe she'll prove me wrong.

Yesterday was the big day. Adrian knew that a new haircut was coming, but he didn't know when; Oo wanted to surprise him. Her plan is to also surprise her teachers and classmates. When she first decided to cut her hair, she told me that she needed to cut it before summer vacation because she wants to go to school and have everyone tell her how beautiful her new haircut is. (She is her mother's daughter.)

Daddy was totally surprised yesterday, as were all the neighbors we saw. Oo was so thrilled every time she saw a new person to show off her hair to that she bounced up and down like a caffeinated child. With each meeting, I had to tell the excited blur to stand still so that the person could actually SEE her hair.

Here are the before and after shots. I know that she would LOVE to hear more reactions to her new do, so if you want to send Oo a message via the blog or an email to me, I'll be sure to pass it along to her!

Before:


After: (I also had to beg the jumping bean to stand still for this picture. Notice how she's squeezing herself with her arms... she's literally physically trying to restrain herself from jumping.)

2 comments:

  1. Oo, You look FABULOUS! I do have to say, though, that I like your hair both ways. Maybe because you are just a super cute kid. I wish I could see you bouncing. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole,
    Thank you for your message to Oo. It gave her a big, sweet smile. Then she kind of drifted off with that smile on her face, and I could tell that she was thinking of all of you. Sure enough, when she snapped out of it, she told me that she really misses you. Go to Skype.com and sign up for their free service—we gotta get some video conferences going soon... AND a date to get together this summer!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete