Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A School Year Summary

A week after her graduation celebration, Oo had her last day of preschool. The teachers kept it a low-key day, sticking close to the daily routine. Oo was nervous before the last day. She had a hard time sleeping and was afraid her teachers will soon forget her. But when I picked her up after school that last day, she was bouncy and cheering, "Summer break! Woo-hoo!" Seriously?? I thought a few more years would pass before I'd hear her say that.

And so, we celebrated the last day just as we had celebrated the first: eating ice cream! Here's a picture of the more recent of the two trips to our favorite ice cream shop. She's striking a "fancy" pose.


For this next picture, I told T to say, "Ice cream." Instead, he said, "Ice cream cheese!" He cracked himself up with that one; he's still laughing about it.


Throughout the year, Oo's teachers did a GREAT job photographing the kids and sharing the pics with us parents. Below are some shots of Oo at school.

Playing with new friends during the first week.


Hunting for pumpkins before Halloween.


Making a ghost storybook for Halloween.


Muffins with Mom Day.


Celebrating her 5th birthday. (And no, that huge cake is not real, but the candles are.)


A visit from Santa.


Celebrating the Winter Olympics with some games of their own.


Posing with a flag we created as a family to represent her one-person Olympic "team."

Doughnuts with Dad Day.


Handing out valentines for her classmates.


Oo and one of her best friends during the Pledge of Allegiance.


Oo and that friend during the Easter party. (Much to Adrian's displeasure, the two have already professed their love for each other. Me?... I think it's sweet.)


So that was her school year through Easter. When the teachers send pics from the rest of the year, I'll share any good ones.

What a great school with amazing teachers! I'm looking forward to sending T there in a couple years. Oo's also looking forward to it; she thinks that with T there her teachers will be able to remember her.

I don't think she has anything to worry about. Each of her eight teachers (yes, I said eight) told me how sad they were to see her go and how they wished she was coming back next year. Oo's a lovey, sweet girl. I'm lucky to have the whole summer ahead to have her home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment