Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fridge Magnets

Warning: Big-time bragging here!

For the past month or so, T has been obsessed with the alphabet magnets on the fridge. He loves pulling them off one by one and throwing them on the floor. He's usually a man of few words, but he started to ask, "Wha zis?" for every letter he held. He'd get so excited when we'd tell him , "That's an M" or "That's a Z -- zoom zoom, zig zag, zip!" All of a sudden he was telling us the letter names and soon reciting his ABC's. His obsession with letters now extends beyond fridge magnets. He loves alphabet puzzle pieces, flash cards, and naming letters whenever and wherever he sees them.

Because he enjoys letters so much, I thought I'd try to teach him his numbers. Earlier this week, I started in the obvious place... I looked him in the eye and said, "One." Smiling wide my 20-month-old looked back at me and said, "Two, fee, or, fi, ix, sev, eight, ni, ten!" No lie!! I have no idea where he learned to count to ten. Maybe by paying close attention to Oo or to Sesame Street. I honestly don't know, but A and I are thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment