Saturday, September 27, 2008

Making Progress... sort of

During our last book-gathering trip* to the library (*we also go for story time and to play), we checked out a book called "Tissue Please" by Lisa Kopelke. In the book, Frog sniffs and snorts and wipes his nose on his arm until his parents teach him to use a tissue. Once Frog blows his nose in a tissue, he loves how his nose feels better, and from then on he always uses a tissue for his nose issues.

My hope in getting this book was, as you can imagine, to encourage Oo to start using tissues. Well, we've made some progress.

Now, at least once a day, Oo asks, "Can I have a tissue, please? For my boogie. (Which is big, gross and perched on top of her finger.) I am NOT going to eat it! I'm going to put it in a tissue!" And as she says this, she is beaming with pure pride and accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment