Saturday, November 22, 2008

Mom! She's touching me!

The other day, Adrian asked me to email him a cute, recent picture of the kids together. Problem was, we didn't have a recent one that I would consider cute, not a one. The last decent picture of the two together was last Christmas. In just about every picture we take of the two of them, T is squirming or running to get away from Oo. (Go back to the pic from this Halloween, and you'll see what I mean.)

I think we're doing a pretty good job fostering some sibling love between the kids. Sure there's the occasional (okay, daily) smack or kick, but only because the "hittee" is getting getting too close to the "hitter."

T is usually the hitter. Oo is so infatuated with babies and younger kids that she just can't leave them alone. In her own lovey way, she is always in T's face -- trying to get him to laugh or say new words. She is forever holding his hand and hugging him.

And T responds to this by trying to swat her away. I can't say I blame him. I'd get pretty annoyed too if someone's hugs were forever knocking me to the ground. We explain to Oo that when he's a little older and has better balance, he'll love and return her hugs.

And I don't think a sibling utopia is entirely impossible. It's too early to tell. But we are already seeing signs of T's loving feelings towards his sister. For example, when she's crying he'll come close to investigate, with a concerned look on his face. And when she's not around, he'll repeatedly ask, "Where Uh-na go?"

And so, Adrian's request sent me on a photographic mission. Armed with my camera always nearby, I've been stalking the kids' every move. And I'm proud to declare: Success!

Here's a pic of Oo and T holding hands. Truth be told told, T was too sick that day to muster up a squirm. But look at the delight on Oo's face!


In this pic, T is trying to help Oo finish her soup. Oo didn't really want to eat lunch, but she loved being fed by her little brother.


In this pic, the kids are playing in a dining room table fort. For the most part, T would only sit inside the fort when Oo was elsewhere. But here I managed to catch them side by side. See, T? It's not so bad!


Whether these are signs of lovey times ahead, or just luck that I got some pics before T ran away, I'll let you be the judge. As for Adrian and me, we're still striving for that utopia.

2 comments:

  1. They're all cute but the one of T feeding Oo is my favorite. You can see him opening his mouth too, as if to show her what to do. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! They are going to be the best of friends I'll bet. You can already tell they have a lot of fun together. By the way my kids are watching Sid the Science Kid now. Peanut wants to rush home from our kindergarten drop off so she won't miss it. Good call! Way better than the stuff we watched, huh?

    ReplyDelete