Wednesday, November 26, 2008

WHAT?

Lately, our house sounds like a trade show for cheap hearing aids.

I've had not-so-great hearing for a while now, probably the result of dancing near the speakers in my days of raves and clubbing. Adrian has told me many times...

A: You need to get your hearing checked."
J: What?
A: I said you need to get your hearing checked!
J: Oh, yeah.

I've yet to do so.

Oo has begun to ask "What?" as often as I do. A trip to the pediatrician yesterday revealed that, due to her recent cold, she has fluid in both ears and one ear is infected. The doc said that it could be 4-6 weeks before the fluid drains out and her hearing is back to normal.

Mynah bird that he is, T has begun repeating "What?" whenever he hears it.

J: Hey Oo, what do you want to eat?
O: What? Who's in the street?
J: What?
O: What?
T: What, what? What? What?
A: You seriously need to get your hearing checked.
J: What? Oh... yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment